Be prepared to WOW your taste buds! I made some mini tarts with Nutella and topped with banana slices. After that it was on to see what else I could make with Nutella besides my spoon inserted into the container <blushing> So while sitting in the kitchen looking for inspiration I see browning bananas calling my name. I remembered seeing a recipe somewhere recently for Nutella muffins, from my good friend Becca over at It’s Yummilicious. If you want to check out her fantastic page click HERE. If you want to see all her amazing Nutella recipes click HERE.
This is a great recipe to share on Valentines Day for that special someone. Perhaps a neighbor who helps you out, your kids’ teacher, your daycare provider, or even your spouse! Imagine opening up a cute little box of this homemade treat instead of boxed candy this year!! It is quick, easy and ooey gooey bites of chocolaty deliciousness! Here is how…
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, or coconut oil; or 1/4 cup coconut oil and 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup Nutella (heaping)
- 2 overripe bananas, smashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (no buttermilk? no problem, see additional notes at bottom of page)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup mini milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare two loaf pans by lining with parchment paper. Or you can just spray the tin, I use the parchment because I think it is easier to get out and makes the bread better when cooking.
- Mix oil, Nutella, and sugar in a large bowl with a stand mixer.
- Add the bananas, eggs, buttermilk, and baking soda to the Nutella mixture. Mix well.
- Slowly add flour and chocolate chips, just until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two loaf pans.
- Top with a few mini chips or Valentine’s candy or colorful sprinkles.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Make sure to let cool before slicing
How to make your own Buttermilk:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbs vinegar
Combine ingredients and let sit for 5 minutes. Then add to recipe. That’s it!
You might also like:
- Strawberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars (sweetheatchefs)
- Blackberry Strawberry Goddess (sweetheatchefs)
- 7-Ingredients Breakfast Nests (sweetheatchefs)