This recipe was inspired by Spice Gals version. Click here to see their version CHUCK full of yumminess!!
1 roll Pillsbury crescent rolls ( 8 count)
1/2 lb ground beef, turkey or pork
2 tbs. olive oil
1 cup cheese (I used shredded mozzarella and provolone)
1/4 cup queso fresco
parmesan cheese for dusting
1 egg for brushing tops with
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium high heat and brown meat through.
- Add taco seasoning and a little water and let evaporate
- Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with non stick cooking spray
- Line up crescent rolls in a circle pattern creating a wreath, placing the wide end toward the middle. You will overlap the edges and press to connect them.
- Add shredded cheese mixture across the wreath without a break for each roll, just keep it going in circle fashion
- Next add meat in the same manner, also spreading meat up the crescent roll toward the thin end
- Top with a little of the queso fresco.
- Fold the narrow end of the crescent roll toward the center of the wreath until all are done. I connected them together, you can tuck them under each roll too.
- Brush top with egg and dust with parmesan cheese
- Bake for 15-18 minutes (mine took 18)
- Remove from oven and immediately top with remaining queso fresco and let sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Top with sour cream, hot sauce, sliced olives and avocado!