Of course, I can’t, no really I can’t, go hardly ever cooking without my VINO!
The first pizza roll I did not use spinach, God forbid someone in my house eat something GREEN!
I am always looking for different ways to do pizza, and this is a great new easy less messy version. I stumbled upon a blog that made a something called Twirly Whirly Pizza, such a cute name. I knew I had to give it a go after seeing the ease of making them. The kids LOVED them and I enjoyed eating them. Unlike traditional pizza, it is all rolled up in a crispy cinnamon like roll with gooey cheese and crispy sausage and ham and sweet pineapple in the middle. When you cut open into this pizza roll, it is light and each bite is a little piece of heaven!
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1 teaspoon oregano
4 braut sausages, casing removed, diced and cooked until browned
1/2 cup baby spinach leaves, cleaned and dried
3/4 cup shredded cheese of your choice, I used mozzarella and sharp cheddar mixed
1 can diced pineapple
1/2 cup diced cooked ham
2 balls of pizza dough, I purchase my already made (Safeway)
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Mix the sauce and oregano together. You can use a pizza sauce instead of this sauce for convenience. I like spicy so I added a few shakes of red pepper flakes in it as well.
- Take the un-thawed pizza crust on a cutting board and roll out or stretch until desired thinness. I coat the cutting board with a handful of cornmeal first.
- Spread sauce over crust
- Add cheese on top of sauce
- Add sausage, ham, and pineapple
- Top everything with the spinach leaves.
- Roll the dough from one end to the other forming a tube.
- Cut into 8 pieces
- In a greased pie dish layer the cut pieces around the pie dish. Repeat processes as above with second pizza dough. top with a layer of more cheese and bake for 15 minutes until bubbly golden brown.