Make sure when canning you practice safe canning practices.
You can add this to toast, deserts, french toast, cakes, scones…the possibilities are endless!
3 1/2 cups peeled, pitted and chopped fresh peaches(I use food processor and pulse to leave some pieces of peach)
8 cups granulated sugar
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon butter
1 packet of liquid pectin
1 cup Amaretto liqueur
- In a large non-reactive pot, mix peaches, lemon juice and sugar.
- Once the sugar is dissolved add the butter which helps reduce foaming.
- Over med-high to high heat stir constantly until mixture comes to a roaring boil.
- Add pectin and boil for one minute.
- Add the Amaretto.
- Remove from the heat and skim any foam off .