Picture courtesy of Brown Eyed Baker
Nothing says Christmas to me like cookies! This particular cookie has long been a favorite since I was a kid and remembered walking in to my grandma’s kitchen to the aroma of sweet cocoa looming in the air. Looking around I would see tons of cookies of all kinds being baked and set out all over the counters. Vanilla, chocolate, peanut butter how could you go wrong with these gems? Not to mention the memories these bring back. These cookies are so easy it is almost not even worth writing about, but since this is a part of my family and my history I knew I had to put the recipe out there. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do and set a new tradition during the holiday time or any special occasion time for your family.
2 c. sugar
4 T. cocoa
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. milk
3/4 c. peanut butter
2 t. vanilla
3 c. old fashion rolled oats
Waxed Paper for finished cookies
- In a saucepan, add sugar, cocoa, butter, and milk.
- Bring to boil over medium heat stirring continuously to avoid scalding and sticking to bottom of saucepan.
- Let boil for 1 minute while stirring.
- Remove from heat and add peanut butter, vanilla, and oatmeal and stir until well combined.
- Set out about 3 sheets of the waxed paper and drop by teaspoonfuls on sheets.
- Let cool and harden and enjoy