Inspired by my love of BITE sized food!
Picture from Kitchen Simplicity, gorgeous homemade wrappers!
24 wonton wrappers
1 tsp coconut oil (or other cooking oil)
1 small onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
1 Tbs grated fresh ginger (may sub 1 tsp dried ground)
2 cups cooked chicken, small dice
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 mango, peeled and diced
1/2 c. pineapple, diced
Lime juice approximately 3 limes
salt to taste
WON TON DIRECTIONS
- To make the wonton cups. Take 1 wrapper and lay flat, take a second wrapper and put on top off center.
- Press fresh wonton wrappers into muffin tins, pressing any folds firmly to the sides.
- Bake at 350°F for 5 minutes, until golden. **WATCH THEM CLOSELY, THEY WILL BURN ON YOU** Set aside to cool.
- Heat about a teaspoon of oil in a skillet and sauté the onion for about 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook for another minute.
- Add the chicken and saute until browned.
- Add coconut milk, lime juice and salt/pepper.
- Cook, stirring often, until bubbly and thickened.
- Cool slightly or chill before spooning into won ton cups.
- In a small bowl combine mango, pineapple, cilantro, lime juice.
- Add mango mixture and cilantro on top just before serving.
- Serve over a bed of coconut rice and garnish with 1 lime slice