4 chicken breasts, cut in bite sized chunks
2 cloves garlic (microplaned)
4 T. Olive Oil
½ pound penne pasta or some small pasta that is your favorite
1 pkg. frozen spinach
¼ c. sundried tomatoes or fresh petite grape tomatoes (optional)
5 oz. grated Parmesan cheese (reserve ½ cup)
2 t. chopped dried rosemary
2 T. dried onion
Salt/Pepper for taste
- Unthaw frozen spinach. Once unthawed you will need to squeeze all excess moisture from spinach and set aside until needed.
- Cook chicken and garlic in olive oil until browned.
- While chicken is cooking cook pasta until al dente.
- When chicken is done, add spinach and tomatoes. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- While cooking mix together in small bowl; parmesan cheese, rosemary, dried onion, salt and pepper.
- After pasta is done, drain (reserve 1 c of pasta water) and add to chicken and vegetables in pan along with the parmesan mixture. Mix all ingredients together and heat through. If the dish is looking too “thick” add some of the pasta water you reserved, ¼ c. at a time and stir thoroughly before adding more until you have reached desired consistency.
- Add the reserved parmesan cheese to top.