These little gems were inspired by my sister in law Vickie. I had never heard or seen them before she made them! Super easy and fun for adults. If you don’t drink alcohol, omit the vodka! **NOTE** Please excuse the poor picture quality, this is one of my first food photo shoots!
6 whole oranges, sliced in half and hollowed out
2 6 oz. boxes of jello (any flavor, but orange is best)
2 cups boiling water
2 cups icy cold orange vodka 1 c. ice cold water water 1 c. orange juice (from the inside of the oranges that you reserved)
- Cut the orange in half lengthwise and scoop the inside of the orange and set it aside. Reserve the inside of the orange for use later in the orange juice. Do this for all the oranges. I take a paring knife and score around the edge of the orange in order to get the inside out easier.
- In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, vodka, and cold water and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl add the boxes of jello and boiling water mix until all jello is dissolved
- Add the orange juice and vodka mixture, mix again until combined
- Take a muffin tin and place all hollowed out oranges on it to keep them stable and then fill with jello to the top
- Place in fridge for at least 4 hours
- When firm, slice like you are slicing orange slices and ENJOY!